Give your child an early start in life
Nurturing Minds, Moulding Lives.
Step Up Academy’s purpose is to help our students grow. We are not tutors, but teachers who love our profession and more importantly, recognize that every single one of our students are different and need specialized support and instruction.
Our mission is to :
- Understand the whole student – their academic and emotional needs as well as their interests.
- Develop personalized strategies that assist specific students.
- Prepare our learners for their school classes with the confidence and skills they need to be active participants in education.
- Equip our students for the real world with communication skills that will help them be leaders.
How do we do all of this? Well, it’s only possible as a team! We collaborate closely with our parents to ensure that everyone is playing a role in supporting our students to grow. Take a look at our Step Up LIVE program to see how this is possible.
Every child who walks through the doors of Step Up Academy becomes our students – and when it comes to them, we strive to learn as much about them as they can learn from us. We go through a rigorous assessment process to that we can truly understand what our students need and like so that they see the joys behind learning.
Before your child starts their class, we will:
- Conduct Diagnostic Assessments based on the subjects they need support with.
- Conference with parents so that we can develop an understanding of the challenges the student is facing.
- Develop an Individual Learning Profile to understand our whole learner and build strategies for success.
During our classes, we will:
- Communicate regularly with parents through Step Up LIVE.
- Conduct assessments every 5 weeks and track progress through Step Up LIVE.
- Review our assessments to see how we can build lasting skills for our students.
- Ask our students every class what they are doing in school so that we can align our lessons with their Ontario Classroom.
- Track upcoming tests/quizzes students have at school so that we can provide them with targeted support.
- Show our students we care about them and their success.
How We Teach
We value individual support and getting to know who the learners are in our classes. We do not believe large class-based lessons are effective in a tutoring setting – especially when each of our learners comes from different schools with a diverse range of needs.
We provide our families with the following:
Small Group Classes
- Ontario Certified Teacher.
- Support with all subjects – Math, Science, English, French, etc.
- Maximum of 6 students per class.
- Individual lessons and support based on what your child is currently doing in school.
- Daily updates on progress and next steps via Step Up LIVE.
- Assessments every 5 weeks.
- Tracking of skill development using assessment data on Step Up LIVE.
- Ongoing communication with parents.
Our Ajax Tutors
At Step Up Academy, we believe that we are only as good as our teachers, which is why all our teachers are Ontario Certified Educators with all the training, tools and experience needed to support your child succeed.At Step Up Academy, we believe that we are only as good as our teachers, which is why all our teachers are Ontario Certified Educators with all the training, tools and experience needed to support your child succeed.
11 Harwood Avenue S., Unit 201 Ajax, ON, L1S 2B9
905 – 550 0808
3875 McNicoll Ave., Unit 201 Scarborough, ON, M1X 0C1
416 – 879 1987